Friday, June 22, 2007

There You'll Be

I'll need you guys to really be honest with yourselves on this one :)

"Would you still worship God if there was no concept of Heaven or Hell?
No reward, No punishment involved."

What does it mean to truly be a friend to someone? According to the definition found in the Yahoo! dictionary, a friend is:

NOUN:

1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.

2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.

3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.

4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement:
friends of the clean air movement.

5. Friend A member of the Society of Friends; a Quaker.

Basically a friend is someone you are willing to relate to.

Unfortunately there exists some who will coerce or take advantage of another by pretending to be a friend. Simply said, it's a relationship bound by condition. I'll be your friend because you buy me lunch all the time, or I'll be your friend because you'd bully me if I wasn't.

Is that real friendship?
Of course not !!!

You see, the problem here is how often us Christians view God as merely a "ticket to heaven".
What if heaven or hell didn't exist? What if there was no afterlife?

Would you still worship Him?

Jesus was sent down to bridge the gap between us and the father.
We were meant to be in heaven to be with God for eternity.
If you feel empty, if you feel hollow, if you feel meaningless, it means something...

It's time to let Him come in and fill you. Just as friends cater to our emotional needs, He is the only one who can satisfy the spiritual side of us. No strings attached, love God for who He is, doesn't He love you for who you are? Be sincere.

Don't go to heaven for the sake of escaping hell.


Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord",
will enter the kingdom of heaven,
but only he who does the will of
my Father who is in heaven.

Many will say to me on that day,
"Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your Name,
and in Your Name drive out demons
and perform many miracles?
Then I will tell them plainly,
"I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers."

Matthew 7:21-22


.: The purest thing we can offer Him, is not our works, but our love :.

5 comments:

Abel Wong said...

=O...awesomo

AJ said...

i love you : )

jtkl89 said...

oh....? er... i'm not gonna try interpret wat alyssa jz said there... heheh... anyway... nice entry here. evangelising even thru blogs. awesome...

toothfearie said...

Yes Abel, God IS awesome :)

I'm going to assume alyssa is saying that to Jesus haha.

Well Joe, feel free to dispute anything wrong I've written, I am still growing you know :D

AJ said...

mwahaha ; D u think?